Welcome from the 2017-18 Vice President
As alumni of the Student Government Association, you are familiar with the ever-changing culture and climate of Big Orange Country. We are excited to share updates of events and initiatives that are happening within our organization.
We have many opportunities and challenges on our radar; and we are excited to work towards making a lasting, positive change on our campus. Just this semester we have saved students over $700,000 in textbook savings, assisted over 500 students in finding professional clothing in Smokey’s Closet, and started a Creed Week. We also hosted a safety walk, the 5th Annual Homecoming Bonfire, two All Vol Tailgates, Mental Health Awareness Week, and numerous outreach events throughout the semester.
As Student Body Vice President, I see that the student experience is the hallmark of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. It is our responsibility as Student Government Association to ensure that all students have the best possible experience. As we approach 100 years of serving the student body, it is important to reflect on where we have been and where we are going as an organization.
Michael “Mickey” Curtis Jr.
17-18 Student Body Vice President
- Check Out Our Fall 2017 Rocky Top Wrap-Up Report: Looking back on the fall semester, we are proud of what we have accomplished as an organization. We are excited to share our Rocky Top Wrap-Up with you to showcase these achievements. Read More
- Future Things: Throughout the spring semester, we want to think bigger and bolder about what it means to be a Vol. As we evaluate ways to provide more resources to students, we will continue to work on initiatives. Read More
- Alumni Spotlight: Carey Whitworth, Student Trustee, 2010- 2011: Carey served on SGA Executive Committee as the student trustee from 2010-2011. Over the course of her undergraduate career, Carey also served on the Academic Affairs and Government Affairs Committees and now works in the university’s Office of Government Relations. Read More
- Initiative Spotlight: Big Al’s Ski Lift to the Hill and Open Educational Resources. Read More
- Member Spotlight: Wesley Smith: My name is Wesley Smith, and I have the pleasure of serving as the First Year Council chair. As chair, it is my job to lead all First Year Council meetings, with the help of the steering committee and our advisors. Read More